Crazy wacky cake. CRAZY CAKE (No Eggs, Milk or Butter). Crazy Cake is also know as Depression Cake and Wacky Cake. Depression cake OR vegan wacky cake OR crazy cake OR poor man's cake OR war cake… This cake goes by MANY names!
This is literally the easiest chocolate cake that you are ever going to make. I swear that every Girl Guide has made this at one point or another as you can take. Wacky Cake, Crazy Cake, Depression Cake, this super simple, one-bowl cake recipe goes by many names. You can cook Crazy wacky cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crazy wacky cake
- Prepare 200 g of farine tout usage.
- It’s 150-175 g of sucre en poudre.
- Prepare 1 of sachet de sucre vanillé.
- You need 1/2 of sachet de levure chimique.
- You need 2 of càs de cacao en poudre non sucré.
- It’s 75 ml of d'huile neutre.
- Prepare 250 ml of d'eau.
It's incredibly moist, rich, and fudgy despite being made with only basic pantry staples! This cake is make without milk or eggs and is moist, dark and delicious. A brain child of the depression era when ingenious I couldn't find my wacky cake recipe, so I went online to see what I could find. Take a bite of this moist, delicious chocolate cake and you will never even realize that there are no eggs, milk or butter in it!
Crazy wacky cake instructions
- Préchauffer le four à 180°C chaleur convection. Réunir les ingrédients secs et tamisez les dans un cul de poule..
- Faire un léger puits au centre et verser l'huile puis mélanger légèrement..
- Verser ensuite l'eau puis mélanger jusqu'à ce que la pâte soit homogène. Verser la pâte dans un plat beurré..
- Enfourner à 180°C pendant 30 à 35 min. Vérifier la cuisson à la lame d'un couteau qui doit ressortir propre. Attendre quelques minutes avant de démouler..
- Déguster :=).
So easy to make and you. A crazy wacky cake is "crazy" because of what it lacks: eggs, butter, and milk. This type of cake came out of the Great Depression, when money was scarce and so were ingredients. This recipe for Crazy Cake happened to come out of a Country Folks cookbook. If you are not familiar with Country Folks it is a weekly farm newspaper for commercial farmers located in the North East.